Sunday 27 October 2013

Monochromatic Test Shoot

 
This is one of my images from my monochromatic make-up test shoot. We had to choose any colour we liked and use its monochromatic scale to create our looks with. I chose to use the colour blue and went for a futuristic sort of look with my hair and make-up. After prepping the models skin, I applied a base of foundation, concealer and powder. I then used a metallic electric blue eyeshadow powder on the eyelids and used a stencil to create the scale like pattern on the sides of the face. I then used my MAC blue lip paint and a mascara wand to comb through the eyebrows to make them bigger and more wild looking. For the lips, I mixed the metallic blue eyeshadow powder with some duraline which made it into a liquid form so that i could paint it onto the lips. For the hair, I wanted a hairstyle that would be off her face so you could see the detail in the pattern on the make-up so I decided to do a massive bun in her hair, as it also reminds me slightly of a UFO so it fits with the futuristic look. I clipped in some hair extensions and scraped her hair back into a high ponytail. I then used a huge hair donut to create the big bun shape. 
For the photo shoot, I photographed my model in a studio using one light with a soft box over it to disperse the light so it was slightly softer which is better for beauty images. I got my model to pose in a variety of ways to show the make-up at different angles. 
For my final shoot, I will change a few things about the images. Firstly, I am going to make the eyebrows the same shade as the rest of the blue make-up so that it all fits together better, and I will intensify the blue colour on the eyes so that it stands out a bit more. I will also highlight and contour her skin so that the bone structure is more visible.  



No comments:

Post a Comment