Monday 21 October 2013

Styling Modern Hair With Elizabethan Influences

 
For this image, I decided to take the photograph of Miley Cyrus that I chose to represent a modern hairstyle, and to draw Elizabethan influences onto it. 
I started by framing her face with some tight curls which were use very often in Elizabethan hair styles. I then decided to make her quiff more of a heart shape so it looked more Elizabethan, so I added some black dots which represent some sort of jewel such as a sapphire. I then accentuated this shape by adding teardrop shapes sticking up from the edge of her hair which represent pearls which were also frequently used in Elizabethan hair do's. I also added a 'sapphire' and 'pearl' drop to her forehead to match the top of the hairstyle. Finally, i added five plaits going up the hair as braids were often used. The overall look of the hairstyle reminds me of a crown and seems quite royal.

No comments:

Post a Comment