Thursday 5 December 2013

Creating My Partners Design: Assessment Outcome and Self Evaluation

 


My initial reaction to my partners contemporary Elizabethan design is that it was a subtle and simple take on traditional Elizabethan make-up and hair with modern influences. I liked the hair design as it was very structured and included techniques such as French plaiting and creating a bun which I enjoy doing. My main concern about creating the look was in the hair, as her hair is quite fine and there were four different sections of hair needed in order to create the look, but using a combination of padding and back combing it turned out not to be a problem. Also, when I first practiced the style, I found it challenging to make sure that none of the padding was visible, but I kept on practicing so that by the time of the assessment I could cover the padding fully. I learned the technique of creating a large barrel curl whilst creating the hair design, which I found quite challenging at first but after a few practices I managed to find it easier to achieve. If it was my design, I would have perhaps added some gold accessories to the hair to tie in with the gold in the make-up. I was pleased with the way I carried out the final design of my partner, and I followed the instructions she gave me closely to create the look. The hair went a lot better in the assessment that it had done in previous practice sessions, as before I also had slight trouble covering all of the padding but I managed to do so in the final assessment, which I was pleased with. 



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment