Friday 29 November 2013

Final Hair Design

 

This is my experimentation of my final hair design for the assessment. It is the same as the hairstyle I experimented with previously, but I have decided not to crimp my hair as I think it looks better smooth and it is also quite an Elizabethan hairstyle already so to keep it more contemporary I will keep my hair in its natural state. I created the structure using some padding that I made and did the rest of the style in the same way as I did when experimenting before. I added pearls to the hair by getting some wide hair slides and gluing the pearls to the top of the hair slide and stuck them into the padding. I also decided to add a head piece to add some extravagance and decoration to the style and to give it a very royal feel. At the back, I created a french plait as I did before and rolled it up and clipped it. I decided that I wasn't keen on the rolled french plait so I did some experimentation and clipped in some hair extensions so that I had more hair to work with. I came up with the idea to do two normal plaits either side of my head and then wrap them round my neck, as the Elizabethans always had things round their necks such as ruffs or jewellery so I used that idea to help me come up with it.  

 

I then experimented with sticking the pearl hair slides into the neck plait but I decided that it took too much attention from the make-up and main hair do on top of the head which is the main focus, so I decided to stick with having the pearls on top of the head instead.  

My final look:


No comments:

Post a Comment