Sunday 17 November 2013

Practicing My Contemporary Elizabethan Hairstyle

For my hairstyle, I started by crimping the hair all over to give it texture and make it easy to work with and mould into my desired shape. I then sectioned off the front bit of hair for my plaits and clipped to one side. I didn't have any padding so I made my own by using a sock and stuffing it with balls of tissue which wasn't ideal as you can se parts of the sock through the hair so when I do my design properly, I would use the appropriate padding. I sectioned off the hair on top of the head and wrapped it around the padding to make my shape on top of the head. I then pinned it in place and did my plaits at the front and bought them over the top of the bouffant and clipped them in place behind. 

 
At the back with the rest of the hair I created a french plait and tucked it under itself and clipped it into place at the nape of the neck. When carrying out this design in the assessment, I will also add pins with pearls/gems around the crown of the hairdo, and I would also improve it by using better padding and by hiding the hair clips so they are not obvious and can't be seen. I am also unsure at whether I like the braid at the back or whether another style would look better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment